Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban – The Central Government of India has given approval for the construction of about 2.67 lakh more affordable housing units for the poor in 10 states under the Central Government’s ambitious housing scheme i.e. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
The Central Government has sanctioned a total number of 50,000 affordable housing units for Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra. According to the information provided by the official, the total number of housing units including the sanctioning of 2,67,546 more housing units under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, after subsuming projects under the Rajiv Awas Yojana would be 53,74,306 houses.
This approval was given in a meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U), which was conducted under the chairmanship of Union Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra.
Details of Sanction of Houses Statewise – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
Here are the details of the number of housing units sanctioned state wise –
- Madhya Pradesh has been allocated 59,421 housing units
- Gujarat has been allocated 55,296 housing units
- Maharashtra has been allocated 52,935 housing units
- Uttar Pradesh has been allocated 36,370 housing units
- West Bengal has been allocated 26,6041 housing units
- Bihar has been allocated 15,924 housing units
- Rajasthan has been allocated 8,600 housing units
- Chhattisgarh has been allocated 7,961 housing units
- Punjab has been allocated 2,442 housing units
- Uttarakhand has been allocated 1,993 housing units