Everyone’s dream is to have their own house. Everyone is doing financial planning regarding this. However, there are elements in the society that their monthly and annual income is very modest. With this income, it is impossible to dream of owning a home. Because these factors are not affordable in terms of the cost of the house, loan and its installments. The central government has taken steps to fulfill the dream of housing for the low and low income groups. For this, the central government is implementing an important housing scheme. Though the criteria, terms and conditions of housing schemes are different for urban and rural areas, for low and low income groups the dream of a house can be fulfilled through this scheme and they can get their own house. Let’s know about the Central Government’s Gharkul scheme, information about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22.
Also Read: PMAY COMPLETE INFO IN HINDI
Pradhan Mantri Shahari Awas Yojana was launched on 25 June 2015 by the Prime Minister of the country, Shri Narendra Modi, in the urban areas of the country, poor families of economically weaker sections, low income group and middle income group who do not have their own house or kutcha house, they have to make their own. Loan will be provided for providing a pucca house.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22 (PMAY) is an initiative of the Central Government. The objective of this scheme is to provide affordable housing to the poor and needy in urban areas by 2022. This scheme was launched on 25 June 2015 for urban areas. The benefit of this scheme is available for a period of 20 years. The interest rate for this scheme starts from 6.50%. Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme for middle income group as well as economically weaker sectionsThe deadline for lifting has been extended till March 31, 2022. To achieve this target of Housing for All by 2022, a subsidy scheme named Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) has been launched to provide interest subsidy on loans taken for home purchase, construction, expansion, improvement . Credit linked subsidy scheme is one of the benefits offered under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22 (PMAY). The economically weaker sections, as well as the middle income group, can avail low EMI home loans with the help of interest subsidy. The interest on the principal is first deposited in the beneficiary’s bank account to reduce the home loan and EMI.
The main types of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22 (PMAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Rural (PMAY-R)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U)
1) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY Gramin) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin list
This scheme was earlier known as Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) However, in 2016 the name of this scheme was changed to PMAY-G (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana PMAY-G). The objective of the scheme is to build affordable housing for the eligible beneficiaries in rural areas of the country (except Chandigarh and Delhi). Under this scheme, the central and state governments share 60:40 housing units for flat areas and 90:10 housing units for northeastern and hilly areas. The eligible beneficiaries are selected as per the criteria laid down in the Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 after due verification by the Gram Sabha. Eligible rural households will be helped to construct pucca houses in a phased manner by March 2022. The area of the house has been increased from 20 square meters to 25 square metres. 70 from financial institutions to the interested beneficiaries of rural areas under the scheme.
2) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY U) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Sahari
As the name suggests, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) scheme is implemented to help in construction of houses in urban areas. At present 4331 cities are covered and the scheme will be implemented in three different phases. The first phase of the scheme was from 4 January 2015 to 3 January 2017. It included 100 cities. The second phase was implemented from 4 January 2017 to 3 January 2019. It included 200 cities. The third phase started on 4 January 2019 and will run till 3 January 2022. The rest of the cities will be included in this.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22 (PMAY)
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme, the interest rate is 6.50% and at this rate all types of beneficiaries can get a home loan for a period of 20 years.
- Preference is given to disabled and senior citizens in the ground floor houses.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly technologies are used to build the house.
- All the urban areas of the country have been included in this scheme. This includes 4041 cities. In this, first priority has been given to 500 Class I cities (Class I cities). Under this scheme, the target of Gharkula will be completed in 3 phases.
Eco Friendly Housing Preferred
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, special use of advanced technology will be done in the houses. Priority will be given to eco friendly housing.
- Income Group Eligible for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Scheme :-
- Middle Income Group 1 (MIG 1) (Annual Income – 6 lakh to 12 lakh)
- Middle Income Group 2 (MIG 2) (Annual Income – 12 lakh to 18 lakh)
- Low Income Group (LIG) (Annual Income – 3 lakh to 6 lakh)
- Economically Weaker Group (EWS) (Annual Income – Up to 3 Lakh)
Who can take advantage of this? (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility )
Everyone can take advantage of this scheme. Whose annual income is between 6 lakh to 18 lakh rupees. Considering the income, the government has divided the people into three parts under this scheme. Those with an annual income of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 6 lakh are placed in the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). Along with this, Middle Income Group 1 (MIG1) with annual income of 6 lakh to 12 lakh and Middle Income Group 2 (MIG2) with annual income of 12 to 18 lakh has been kept. All these people are given the benefit of the scheme according to their income.
Last Date to Apply (Pm Awas Yojana Last Date)
In May 2020, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the deadline for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Credit-Graduate Grant Scheme for MIG-1 and MIG-2 categories has been extended to March 1, 2021. For LIG and EWS categories, however, the deadline is March 31, 2022.
What is the rule? (Pmay Guidelines)
There are some things to keep in mind while applying for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The name of the applicant should not be a permanent residence anywhere in India. No member of the family should have taken advantage of the housing scheme launched earlier by the government. If they have availed earlier then they will not get the benefit of the scheme.
Rehabilitation of slum dwellers
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Nagrik) was launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Civil Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA). Under the objectives of this campaign, provision of housing for all will be made by 2022 when our country will complete 75 years of independence. The campaign attempts to meet the housing needs of the urban poor as well as slum dwellers through the following schemes.
The slum growth rate in this decade is 34% and the number of households in these slums is estimated to reach 18 million. The campaign aims to reach out to 20 lakh poor families living in slums in the city. Therefore, the new campaign aims to address a total housing shortfall of 20 million.
- Rehabilitation of slum dwellers with the participation of private developers, utilizing the slum land resources.
- Promoting affordable housing for weaker sections through credit linked grants.
- Affordable housing through public-private partnership.
- Private housing grant or improvement grant initiated by the beneficiary.
Who is the beneficiary? (Pmay Beneficiary Search)
The campaign seeks to meet the housing needs of the urban poor as well as slum dwellers. Slum is a very small area where at least 300 people live or about 60-70 families live in unhealthy and overcrowded flats. Where basic amenities like sanitation and drinking water are generally lacking.
The beneficiaries include Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG). The annual income limit is up to 3 lakhs for EWS and 3-6 lakhs for LIG. The beneficiaries of EWS group are eligible for assistance from all the four schemes of the campaign. LIG group is eligible only under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
To be recognized as an EWS or LIG beneficiary under this scheme, the applicant taking a personal loan has to submit his/her certificate/affidavit as proof of income.
The beneficiary family shall include husband, wife, unmarried children and/or unmarried daughters.
To be eligible for central assistance under this campaign, the beneficiary family should not have a permanent house in his name or in the name of any member of his family in any part of India.
States/UTs, in their independent jurisdiction, may stipulate a time limit in which the beneficiary must be a resident of that urban area to be eligible to receive benefits under the scheme.
Other Conditions (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rules)
1) Should not have a permanent house – The beneficiary family should not have a permanent house in his name or in the name of any member of his family in any part of India.
2) For Women Ownership/Co-ownership – EWS/LIG – Women ownership is mandatory only for new purchase but not for new construction or additional work/repair of existing house on existing land. For MIG-1 & MIG-II : Not mandatory
3) If you are married and want to avail the benefits of PMAY, then you or your spouse can apply jointly or jointly.
4) Your income as a couple shall be treated as one unit; However, if there is another adult earning member in the family, regardless of his marital status, he can be treated as a separate household.
5) You should not have taken the help of any other central government for buying/constructing the house.
6) You have to give your declaration to your lender about your total family income and ownership of the desired property.
7) All loan accounts under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) must be linked to your Aadhar card.
Loan limit in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
EWS: Rs 6 lakh;
LIG: Rs 5 lakh;
MIG (I): Rs 9 lakh;
MIG (II): Rs 12 lakh
Components / Scope of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021-22 (PMAY)
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the ambitious objective of ‘Providing houses to all by 2022’ is planned to be achieved through four verticals of the scheme. Involved:
1) In-Situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR): Rehabilitation of slum dwellers by constructing houses with private participation for eligible slum dwellers on slum land.
2) Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS): There is a provision of central subsidy on home loans of Rs.6 lakh to Rs.12 lakh for construction of new houses or renovation of existing houses.
3) Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP): States will build affordable housing projects through a central agency or private sector partnership for the EWS category with a central assistance of Rs 1,50,000.
4) Beneficiary-led individual house construction/improvement (BLC): Provides that EWS category people can either construct a new house or expand an existing house with a central assistance of Rs.1,50,000/- can.
Pm Awas Yojana Documents Required
Identity Form: Pan Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, Any photo ID card issued by the Government,
Address Proof: Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Insurance, Residence Address Certificate, Rent Agreement on Stamp Paper or Address as written on Bank Passbook.
Income Proof: Bank statement of last 6 months, receipt of ITR, salary sleep of last two months
Property proof: Sales deed, sale/purchase agreement, property registration certificate, if available, receipt of payment.
Grants under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) for various categories
Depending on their category, borrowers get different grants on their home loans under PMAY CLSS.
|borrower category||grant category|
|LIG||Rs 2.67 lakh|
|MIG-1||Rs 2.35 lakh|
How does the grant of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) reach you?
Once your application for a grant under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) program is approved, the funds are transferred from the Central Nodal Agency (CNA) (referred to as the principal lender or PLI in government documents) to the bank , from which the beneficiary has taken his home loan. This amount will then be credited to the home loan account of the borrower. This money will then be deducted from your overdue home loan principal. If you have received Rs 2 lakh as PMAY grant and your loan amount is Rs 30 lakh, then it will be Rs 28 lakh after the grant. See also: PMAY: How does the credit-linked subsidy scheme for EWS and LIG work?
Helpline Number for Inquiry About CLSS (Pmay Toll Free Number)
NHB Toll Free Number 1800-11-3377 1800-11-3388 , 1800-11-6163
pradhan mantri awas yojana online apply 2021-22
Firstly, keep in mind that only a candidate with Aadhar card can apply for the benefits of PMAY scheme. Keep your Aadhaar number handy and visit the PMAY portal https://pmaymis.gov.in to apply online . On the home page, click on the option ‘Apply Online’ under the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab. Now choose one of the four verticals where you want to apply. “Prime 2021
How to apply offline for PMAY in India?
To apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, one has to log on to the official website ( https://pmaymis.gov.in/ )Then you have to choose your category. After selecting either LIG, MIG or EWS categories, you need to update your Aadhaar. You have to fill in your personal details. After this you will get a captcha code. After filling it, you will see the submit button, by clicking on it you can submit your application.
Eligible candidates can obtain and fill the form available at Common Service Center (CSC). They will have to pay a nominal fee and more GST on the purchase of the PMAY subsidy form. CSC is the entry point for essential public utility services in rural India.
Time required to get grant amount from Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
It takes about three to four months to process the application.
Will existing home loan borrowers get subsidy under PMAY CLSS in 2021?
Home departments who are currently providing home loan services can avail PMAY CLSS grant in 2021, if they fulfill the terms and conditions. However, it should also be noted that grants have an advantage. Available on Home Loan disbursed on or after 17th June 2015 if the borrower is in EWS or LIG category. In case of MIG-1 and MIG-2 variants, the benefit of subsidy is available on home loans disbursed on or after April 1, 2017.
How to check PMAY subsidy status? (Check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Status)
You can check the status of your PMAY application by following some easy steps. To check your PMAY status online, read our step-by-step guide on how to track the status of your PMAY application.
How to Download a PMAY Application? (Application Form Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Form Pdf )
Visit the official website of PMAY https://pmaymis.gov.in/default.aspx and click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ option. Select ‘Track your rating status’ from the drop-down menu. After clicking on this option you will get a track evaluation form. Select ‘Name, Father’s Name and Mobile Number’ or ‘By Assessment ID’. Enter the required details and click on ‘Submit’ to access the application. Once the form is displayed on the screen, click on ‘Print’.
Banks Eligibility for PMAY Home Loan
A large number of banks, home finance companies, regional rural banks, co-operative banks and non-banking finance companies (NFCs) have entered into agreements with the central nodal. Agencies, HUDCO, SBI and NHB offer home loans under various verticals of PMAY.