Pradhan Manatri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) – प्रधानमंत्री जन-धन योजना (पीएमजेडीवाय)
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY):- India is facing poverty from many years. If we exclude people who are below the poverty line will affect the growth and development of the country. It was necessary to start a project which will empower the citizens financially and can take the benefits of growth and development.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) a national mission for financial inclusion is aimed at banking/savings, deposit, remittance, credit, insurance, pensions, etc., is to deliver financial services effectively to all?
This scheme was announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 15th August 2014 at Red Fort. This scheme was marked as the festival which will be the freedom of the poor from the vicious cycle of poverty. An email was sent by Shri Narendra Modi to 7.25 lakh bank employees, asking them to help reach the target of 7.5 crore bank accounts, and increase the standards of the people.
Guinness Book of World Records also recognized the achievements made under PMJDY. It certified that “Most bank accounts were opened in one week as part of the Financial Inclusion Campaign is 18,096,130.
Where Can Open Jan Dhan Yojana Account?
- The Jan Dhan Yojana Account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Friends).
- Under this scheme, the accounts are opened with zero balance and cheque book will be issued if minimum balance criteria will be fulfilled.
Required Document for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
- Aadhar card/Aadhar number.
- In absence of Aadhar card voter id, driving license, PAN Card, Passport can be used. These documents can also serve as PROOF of Identity and Address.
- In the absence of “officially valid documents” mentioned above, he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
- Identity Card with applicant’s photograph
- A letter issued by a gazetted officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Special Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana:
- Interest on deposits
- Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1.00 lac
- No minimum balance required.
- Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000/-
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance product
- Easy Transfer of money across India
For More Information Contact: National toll-free number: 1800 11 0001 or 1800 180 1111