PMAY Tamil Nadu – Slum Clearance Board to Construct 8.29 Lakh Houses
PMAY Tamil Nadu – The nodal agency for implementing the Central Government’s Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) i.e. Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board has got approval from the State government for the construction of 8.29 lakh affordable housing units in 666 urban local bodies under four components of the scheme.
Details of PMAY Tamil Nadu
It is being informed that the Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board was implementing the scheme under the three components which consist of in situ slum redevelopment, affordable housing in partnership with private and public sectors as well as parastatal agencies and subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction. While, the fourth component, Affordable Housing through Credit-Linked Subsidy, is being implemented by urban local bodies and municipalities.
The housing need under all the four verticals is 8.29 lakh. The State Government is seeking for getting the approval for the construction of about 2.01 lakh affordable housing units during 2017-18 and the project cost works out to `7078.61 crores.
According to the sources, the Slum Clearance Board wants to take over the Credit-Linked Subsidy component from all the local bodies. Under this component, interest assistance subsidy is offered to the weaker sections of the society.
Housing units with a size of upto 30 sq meter are offered at the subsidized rates to the people of EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) category, whose income is less than `3 lakh, whereas 60 sq metre houses are offered to low-income groups (income not less than `3 lakh and not more than `6 lakh).
The housing needs under the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme is 1.47 lakh and Slum Clearance Board officials feel that progress made by the local bodies has been slow.
Four components of PM Awas Yojana / PMAY Tamil Nadu
1. In situ Slum Redevelopment
- Using land as a resource
- With pvt participation
- Offering extra Floor Space Index or Transferrable Development Rights (TDRs)
2. Affordable Housing through Credit Linked subsidy
- Interest subvention subsidy for EWS and LIG
- EWS: Income upto C3L & house size upto 30sqm
- LIG: Household income between C3L & C6L and house size upto 60 sqm
3. Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Partnership with private and public sectors
- Central assistance
- For EWS individuals requiring individual houses
- State to prepare a separate project for such beneficiaries