Mukhya Mantri Annapurna Yojana has been launched by the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Chauhan. The scheme aims to provide subsidized food grains to the poor families who are below poverty line. The Government aims to provide 20 kg food grains per month at a low cost to 52 lakh families in Madhya Pradesh.
The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstances, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates. Regarding this, the government of Madhya Pradesh has taken very good initiative for helping poor families to provide them wheat and rice at a low price.
The Annapurna Yojana was launched by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Chauhan in April 2016. This scheme aims to provide food grains to the poor families below the poverty line at a subsidized rate in Madhya Pradesh.
Assistance by the Government
Under the scheme, the government provided 20 kg food grains per month at a low cost to the 52 lakh families in Madhya Pradesh state.
Amount Spent by the Government
The state government is spending Rs 300 crore on the Annapurna Yojana and about 65 lakh families are getting benefits from this scheme.
Benefits of Annapurna Yojna
- Benefits of subsidized food grains to poor families
- Benefits of wheat at Rs. 3 per kg
- Benefits of rice at Rs. 4.50 kg
- Government provided 20 kg food grains per month at low cost
Eligibility Required for Annapurna Yojana
- Applicant must be the resident of Madhya Pradesh state.
- Applicant should belong to below poverty line.
Documents Required for Annapurna Yojna
- Identity proof
- Ration card
- BPL card
Procedure to apply for Annapurna Yojna
- Visit authorized government control grain shop in related Taluka/district in Madhya Pradesh state
- Contact gram panchayat or Zilla Parishad in Madhya Pradesh
References & details:
- For more details about Annapurna Yojana visit: http://www.mp.gov.in/web/guest/home
- Food department Madhya Pradesh visit: http://www.food.mp.gov.in/website/index.html
Also Read- All Government Scheme And News