The Ministery of external affairs launched the Passport Seva project in May 2010. Passport Seva enables simple, efficient and transparent processes for delivery of passport and related services. This project creates a countrywide networked environment for Government staff and integrates with the State Police for physical verification of applicant’s credentials and with India Post for delivery of passports. lets see How to Apply Online for Passport.
What is a passport?
Passport is an essential travel document for those who are traveling abroad for education, pilgrimage, tourism, business purposes, medical attendance and family visits. During the last few years, the growing economy and spreading globalization have led to an increased demand for Passport and related services.
Why is passport required?
Indian citizens who depart or intend to depart from India are required to be in possession of a valid passport or travel document
Procedure to Apply for a Passport:
- Users need to register on Passport Seva Portal.
- Login to the Passport Seva Portal.
- Download the e-form for fresh or reissue of Passport.
- Fill the downloaded e-form and click the Validate & Save button.
- Upload the XML file through the Upload e-Form.
- After uploading the form for fresh or reissue of Passport, click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to schedule an appointment
- After booking the appointment at selected PSK, you can make an online payment through Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard & Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks Only) or SBI Bank Challan.
- Users can take print of the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN) or Appointment Number.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where appointment has been booked, along with original such as Proof of Date of Birth, Identity proof.
Applicants are required to furnish original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the same at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) for processing.
Tatkal Passport Scheme:
Passport under the Tatkaal Scheme is dispatched within one working day excluding the date of submission of application if police verification is not required. In case if police verification is required on a Post-Passport Issuance basis, the passport is dispatched on third working day excluding the date of submission of application – without waiting for the Police Verification Report. Tatkal Passport Scheme is a scheme available to passport applicants who need their passports urgently out-of-turn
You can calculate the fee for passport services under this scheme through Online Fee Calculator.
Passport Seva Portal also provides Police Clearance Certificate and Identity Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate:
Passport is a very valuable document. Thus, in order to ensure that it does not go in wrong hands, police verification is required for issuance of the passport. Depending on whether an application is for the issue of fresh passport or reissue of passport, Passport office shall decide whether Police Verification is required for issuance of Passport to you.
It is normally issued to Tibetan Refugees residing in India, from the Regional Passport Office, Delhi (RPO Delhi) on the recommendation by the Bureau of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL), New Delhi. In addition to Tibetan refugees, Stateless people residing in India may also apply for Identity Certificate at the Passport Office within whose jurisdiction they are currently residing. IC issuance is subject to clearance by Ministry of External Affairs(Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) Division).
Mobile Passport Seva App:
Ministry of External Affairs has launched mobile app M Passport Seva to provide all the passport related information on the mobile for smartphone users.
M Passport Seva is designed primarily for the citizens who are interested in Passport related information only. It’s a lightweight, easy to use app that provides specific details on areas such as Location of centers, Fee, Application Status, Contact Information and other General Information.
GIVE FEEDBACK OR FILE GRIEVANCES
Citizens can send their feedback or file their grievancesOn Passport Seva Portal. You can also contact the call center at 1800-258-1800 for any queries
Also Read- All Government Scheme And News