In urban areas, death certificates are issued by the Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council, whereas in rural areas, the authority is the Tehsildar at the Taluka level. But now the birth certificate can be obtained through the online procedure by the relative of the deceased.
Importance of Death Certificate
A death certificate is a very important document which is provided by the state government to the nearest relatives of the deceased. It can be used to for claiming life insurance policy benefits, Death claiming pensions, or settling Esta death certificate is a crucial certificate and it is required every death is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms.
Now the birth certificate can be obtained through online procedure relative of deceased need not to visit Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council or Tehsildar at the Taluka level. Maharashtra state started a service of providing Death certificates online.
Eligibility and conditions required for applying online death certificate
- It is required every death is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms.
- When the death has taken place in the house then the head of the house can apply.
- When the death has taken place in the hospital medical officer in charge or any officer in charge authorized by him.
- When the death has taken place in the jail the jail is in charge.
- When the death has taken place in a moving vehicle the person in charge of the vehicle.
- When the death has taken place in a public place the headman of the village or the in charge of the local police station.
Also Read – Ayushman Bharat Yojana How to Apply
Information which is required for applying online for the death certificate
- Name of the deceased
- Age of the deceased and sex
- Name of father or husband of the deceased
- Place of death with details
- Date of death
- Purpose for which death certificate is required
- Relationship of the applicant with the deceased
Application for the procedure
- Visit AapleSarkar official website. Click to website Click to Visit AapleSarkar Website or https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en.
- Post visiting this link a window will appear which will look like the same image posted below. Then click on Right to Service (RTS) button
- Then the next window will appear which will look like the second image posted.
- Then click on login or create a new user account. Once it created login using credentials
- Search for Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department and click on it. Then click on the Death Certificate.
- Then fill in the necessary information required. A window will appear and this will be an application form. Fill it carefully and click on submit
- Post click on submit the window will appear which will ask you for payment hen select proper payment option, make payment and submit
- After 5 to 6 days you can download soft copy of death certificate
For more information or for any kind of queries you can contact the Health Office, Municipal Corporation or Municipal Council, whereas in rural areas, you can contact the Tehsildar at the Taluka level or Gram Panchayat.
Fees for death certificate
The cost for application is not more than Rs 25.
References & details:
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit the official website:
- AapleSarkar Maharashtra: https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/Login/Login
Also Read- All Government Scheme And News