How to Start a Common Service Center (CSC)
Embarking on the Journey of Establishing a Common Service Center (CSC)
A profound proclamation has been made by the government of India regarding the establishment of Common Service Centers (CSCs).
These centers are bestowed with the responsibility of bestowing commendable governance and services to individuals dwelling in the rustic realms. Stretching their reach across the vast expanse of the nation, these networks shall extend their embrace to remote areas and idyllic villages.
CSCs serve as gateways, offering an avenue for denizens inhabiting rural and secluded regions to seamlessly navigate the e-governance system and access government initiatives and services. These portals furnish people with the convenience of harnessing the power of internet connectivity to partake in a myriad of governmental schemes and services.
Should the notion of establishing a CSC within your local precincts captivate your imagination, it is imperative to fulfill a set of eligibility criteria essential for participation in the CSC 2.0 Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria to Participate in CSC Scheme
- Commencing the Pursuit of Establishing a Common Service Center (CSC)
- The Government of India has unveiled a momentous announcement pertaining to the initiation of Common Service Centers (CSCs).
- These centers shall serve as beacons of good governance and indispensable services for individuals residing in rural locales. Extending their reach to the far-flung corners and idyllic villages across the nation, these networks shall establish their presence within remote areas.
- CSCs stand as access points, enabling denizens inhabiting rural and secluded regions to leverage the e-governance system for seamless connectivity to government initiatives and services. These portals bestow upon people the convenience of accessing various government schemes and services through the power of the internet.
- In the event that the idea of establishing a CSC within your local community has sparked your interest, it is crucial to fulfill specific eligibility criteria required for participation in the CSC 2.0 Scheme.
>>>> Also Read <<<<< Latest government Scheme - Click here Central Government Scheme - Click here
Criteria for Eligibility to Participate in the CSC Scheme
Outlined below are the criteria that must be met to be deemed eligible for operating a Common Service Center (CSC):
Age – An aspiring applicant must attain a minimum age of 18 years.
Qualification – The individual must successfully pass the Matriculation Level Examination or its equivalent from a recognized educational board.
Essential Infrastructure for Initiating a CSC Center
Should the desire to establish a CSC in your area ignite within you, meeting the eligibility criteria for the CSC Scheme is merely the first step. Furthermore, if deemed eligible, it is essential to possess the required infrastructure as detailed below:
The Government has devised the Common Service Center Scheme to provide e-services to citizens by establishing a centralized facility under the Digital India Programme. Eligible applicants can embark on their CSC journey by engaging with the Service Center Agency (SCA) designated for their respective area.
The following infrastructure components are deemed indispensable for a CSC:
- A building or room encompassing an area of 100 to 150 square feet.
- Two printers, including both Dot Matrix and Inkjet varieties.
- A webcam for multimedia purposes.
- A RAM with a storage capacity of no less than 512 MB.
- V-SAT Connectivity, offering both wireless and wired options.
- A Hard Disc Drive with a minimum capacity of 120 GB.
- A CD/DVD Drive for versatile data handling.
- A biometric or IRIS authentication scanner for banking services.
- The total estimated cost per CSC, excluding building and land expenses, ranges from 1.25 to 1.50 lakh.
Applying for a CSC Center: Step-by-Step Guide
To initiate the registration process for a CSC or complete your application, adhere to the following step-by-step instructions:
- Visit the online web portal http://register.csc.gov.in/.
- Upon reaching the main page, locate and click on the “Apply” option.
- Provide the required details related to your Aadhar card.
- Enter the provided Captcha code and click “Submit.”
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Input the OTP in the designated field.
- Proceed to the Kiosk Tab and furnish the necessary details, including the Kiosk center, Gram Panchayat information, and precise location.
- Navigate to the “Bank” tab and enter your relevant banking details.
- Upload scanned copies of the required documents and geotag the photos of your CSC.
- Click on “Submit.”
A verification email will be sent to your registered email address. Ensure you save the application number for future reference.
CSC Re-Registration and Status
The following steps outline the process for re-registration and checking the status of your CSC:
To re-register or check the status of your CSC, please follow these steps:
- Visit the website http://registrtion.csc.gov.in/cscregistration/RegStatus.aspx.
- On the page, locate the registration or status option.
- Enter your email ID, ID number, and biometric information (Aadhar ID) as requested.
- Click on “Submit” to proceed.
By following these steps, you can complete the re-registration process or check the current status of your CSC application.
Remember, establishing a Common Service Center (CSC) can provide valuable services and support to people in rural areas, contributing to the government’s efforts to enhance digital access and governance. Ensure you fulfill the eligibility criteria, acquire the necessary infrastructure, and complete the application process accurately to begin your journey as a CSC operator.
Track the Status of Registration/ Application –
To track the status of your registration or application, please follow these steps:
- Open the following link in your web browser: http://registration.csc.gov.in/cscregistration/RegStatus.aspx
- Enter your E-mail address, Registration ID, and Aadhaar Number in the respective boxes provided.
- Click on the “SUBMIT” option.
By following these steps, you will be able to track the status of your registration or application.