Saraswati Cycle Yojna has been started by the Government of Chattisgarh to promote girls education. It aims to distribute cycles free of cost to all the scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and below poverty line girl students who have enrolled in class 9th standard.In villages, most of the girl students travel so far to reach their school.
Saraswati Cycle Yojna has worked as a motivation & encouragement to the girls to come to school regularly and they get the high level of motivation, encouragement, and interest in the study. The state government of Chhattisgarh has taken very good initiative & it has also worked as a source of attraction to parents and girls students toward education.
The Chhattisgarh government has decided to distribute 1.5 lakh cycles to girls studying in government schools by the Department of School Education. The government started Saraswati Cycle Yojna in 2004-05 for promoting girls education in Chhattisgarh state.
Benefits of this Scheme
- Distributed cycles free of cost to all scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and below poverty line girls students who have enrolled in class 9th standard.
- Benefits of cycles free of cost to all BPL, SC & ST category girls student
- Benefits of promoting education amongst girls and reduce dropout ratio in school level
Objectives of the yojana
- Promote girls enrollment in education & reduce the dropout ratio of girls in the age group of 14-18 at secondary and senior secondary school level
- Improve the girl’s enrollment, attendance & retention up to class XII Continuation of education till 12th standard
- Ensure that the girl’s students continue their education beyond primary level
- Support and encourage BPL, SC & ST category girls student to continue their education
Eligibility for Saraswati Cycle Yojna:
- Applicant must be resident of Chhattisgarh state
- Girls student should be enrolled in Class IX
- Girls student should belong to SC, ST and below poverty line(BPL)
Documents required for Saraswati Cycle Yojna:
- Passport size photos
- BPL card if applicable
- Identity proof such as Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- School certificate
How to apply?
- Applicant should contact Head Master of related school or institutions
- Applicant should also contact to District Education Officer (DEO) to apply for this scheme
References & Details:
For more details about Saraswati Cycle Yojna visit: http://eduportal.cg.nic.in/Schemes/Cycle_Yojna.aspx