New Atta-Dal Yojana launched by state Government of Punjab (Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs) in 2007 for distributing food grain at subsidized rate. Under this scheme, Punjab government distributed food grains at the highly subsidized rate to the poor below poverty line (BPL) families.
Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme Punjab
The Department of Health and Family Welfare has implemented a new scheme in Punjab with the help of Punjab State Government named “Free health check up Scheme”. Under this scheme, each resident of the state who is above 30 years old will be screened for diseases
Mai Bhago Vidya Yojana Punjab
Mai Bhago Vidya Yojana was launched in the year 2011-12 with an ambitious aim to encourage the girl child to complete the school education. The government provides free bicycles to girls studying in standards 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th in government schools in Punjab.
In Punjab, most of the girls leave their education after 8th class because schools are far away from their home. It is not easy for them to go to the school without any vehicles and most of the families in Punjab villages cannot afford vehicle or bicycles for their girl’s child. Mai BhagoVidya Scheme is help for those school going girls who cannot afford the vehicles
Objectives of MaiBhagoVidya Scheme
- Aims to ensure that the girl’s students continue their education beyond the level of primary, to promote girls enrollment and reduce the dropout of the girl child in the senior secondary and higher secondary school level.
- Mai BhagoVidya Scheme is help for those school going girls who cannot afford the vehicles
Benefits of Mai BhagoVidya Scheme
- Provide free bicycles to girls studying in standards 9th, 10th , 11th and 12th in government schols in Punjab
- Reduce girls dropout ratio in school level
Eligibility for Mai BhagoVidya Scheme in Punjab
- Girls should be resident of Punjab state
- Girls should be studying in standards 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th in government school
- Girl student should belong to below poverty line (BPL)
- BPL card
- Caste certificate if applicable
- School certificate
- Identity card such as Aadhaar card
- Resident proof
How to Apply for the Scheme
- Visit headmaster/principal of government school or college
- Visit education officer in related Districts/Taluka in Punjab
References and Details:
- For more details about Mai BhagoVidya Scheme in Punjab visit: http://punjab.gov.in/
Shagun Scheme in Punjab
The Department of Welfare of scheduled caste (SC’s) and backward classes (BC’s) in Punjab have launched the Shagun Scheme in Punjab. Under Shagun Scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs. 15,000 for the marriage of a daughter to the poor families in Punjab.
Atal Pension Yojana is one of the most awaited schemes of central government This is an old age pension scheme which was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 9 of May Year 2015 in Kolkata. This scheme was launched under the name of our ex-Prime Minister Atal Bihar Vajpayee.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY):- India is facing poverty from many years. If we exclude people who are below the poverty line will affect the growth and development of the country. It was necessary to start a project which will empower the citizens financially and can take the benefits of growth and development.
The Government of India has planned to launch “Twitter Seva” forum where the citizens of our country can share their grievances through various social medias related to the ministries and see that proper actions are taken to solve the problems by the respective departments or divisions.