Atal Pension Yojana : This scheme is a pension scheme for the old age citizens of India. It guarantees a minimum pension of Rs 1000 or 2000 or 3000……5000 per month which will be given at the age of 60 depending upon the contributions made by the subscribers.
Eligibility for Apply Atal Pension Yojana (APY):
- Subscriber’s age should be between 18-40years.
- The subscriber should have a saving bank account/post office savings bank account.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory for the purpose of enrollment.
There is a need for pension:
- When there is decreased income earning capacity according to age.
- Nuclear migration of earning member
- Cost of living is rising
- Need a fixed income at old age.
Members of the Social Security Schemes under the following enactments would not be eligible to receive Government co-contribution under APY:
- Employee Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952.
- The Coal Mines Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1948.
- Assam Tea Plantation Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision, 1955.
- Seamen’s Provident Fund Act, 1966.
- Jammu Kashmir Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1961.
How to Open an Atal Pension Yojana Account:
- Go to the bank branch where the person has his bank account
- Provide bank account number and fill up the form.
- Provide Aadhar card number and mobile number.
- Ensure to keep the required bank account.
The subscribers can contribute monthly/quarterly/half yearly intervals through auto-debit facility from savings bank account/post office savings bank account of the subscriber. The monthly/quarterly/half yearly contribution depends upon the intended/desired monthly pension and the age of the subscriber at entry.
- On attaining the age of 60: – Submit the request to the associated bank for drawing the guaranteed minimum monthly pension or higher monthly pension, if investment returns are higher than the guaranteed returns embedded in APY.
- In case of death of the subscriber due to any cause after the age of 60:- In case of death of subscriber, same pension would be available to the spouse and on the death of both of them (subscriber and spouse), the pension wealth accumulated till age 60 of the subscriber would be returned to the nominee.
Atal PensionYojana Toll Free Number
Address- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
Tel.- (022) 2499 3499
Fax –(022) 2495 2594/ 2499 4974
Atal Pension Yojana Scheme Chart
|Age of Entry||Years of Contribution||Monthly pension of Rs. 1000.||Monthly pension of Rs. 2000.||Monthly pension of Rs. 3000.||Monthly pension of Rs. 4000.||Monthly pension of Rs. 5000.|
Also Read- All Government Scheme And News